Make a blog for kids by following these tips.
According to Dr. Patricia Fioriello, the founder of KidsLearnToBlog.com, “In today’s advance world of technology, there really is no explanation for children to not blog. Learning how to make a blog for kids should and must be an active part of education.”
Here are ten tips to help make a blog for kids recommended by Dr. Patricia Fioriello for every student and child to become a successful blogger.
1. Kids today use modern technology for just about everything they do. One can see it as they use a computer for their studies as well as some free time to play games and even video chatting with family and friends these days. There is a multitude of features that enables a child to perfect their computer skills even at a very early age. This is why developing an easy platform to make a blog for kids would be one of the best steps to take for a advantageous and rewarding site.
2. When learning to make a blog for kids, it is important to go over all the necessary safety features and what a blog is intended for. Never assume that kids of any age know the in’s and out’s of these kinds of sites. Since they will be interacting with other children from all over the world it is important to advise and teach how these kinds of sites are generally used. There are lots of platforms that are geared towards ‘make a blog for kids’ that are free and offer great beginning tools. Taking advantage of these great resources would be a great investment of time and energies and have proved to be a safer environment for children of all ages.
3. Everyone’s heard of the saying ‘Practice makes perfect’! This golden rule applies here as well and great lessons prior to the actual deployment of the site are a vital and crucial step for beginners. Constructing a successful ‘make a blog for kids’ site takes a little bit of time but is very rewarding to see the children grasp on to this concept. Reaching out to other children from all different parts of the world teaches them about other cultures and lifestyles that exist in today’s world. Geography also comes into play making many kids curious about the different locations they are connecting to.
4. Discussing the pros and cons of a ‘make a blog for kids’ site could be a great assignment prior to entry of the blog. This engages both the teacher and student for interesting conversations on their direction in their lives. Opportunities like these open up great detail to the type of lives and thoughts that they hold within their minds. Seizing these precious moments can make all the difference in a young child’s ambitions and dreams as they explore all the possibilities.
5. When you make a blog for kids it should be somewhere a child can go for freedom of expression not a place where they are afraid of having to meet a grade or scoring system. This is not to say that there are no rules but writing and wording structure should be much more relaxed. Making it a fun place so kids can express their feelings and being creative can help with public speaking and learning how to get along with other individuals from all nationalities as well as different cultures.
6. One of the best advantages when you decide to make a blog for kids is using one’s imagination to explore all the different types of features this kind of site offers. Many kids love to design their own pages to their specific colors, icons, fonts and express themselves in a very dynamic way if given the right tools to succeed.
7. Developing flyers to make a blog for kids helps with advertising and getting many kids involved in this type of project. Many times this form of communication helps with social growth among others and can start a healthy basis for new friendships that might not have had an opportunity to develop.
8. Parents also love seeing their children’s projects flourish, so proper communication is also a very necessary feature with these ‘make a blog for kids’ types of projects. Getting everyone involved with this form of expression opens up lines of communication with the freedom and ability to enjoy and discuss the many subjects of everyday life. Research has shown that many of these students will go online and express their viewpoints after school hours and even on weekends.
9. Comparison values are also interesting as students like viewing what other sites have and what they have to offer in other subject matters like school activities, homework and weekend hang outs that could be so different from their own cultures. The likelihood of discovering that lifestyles in another city or country can be so interesting.
10. One of the most important issues today with developing any website is to be able to control who and what is being communicated within the site. When you make a blog for kids it is not free from cyber bulling. If one is consistent with monitoring and administering rules and regulations, it will be a much more controlled and successful website where many kids can be safe and employ the type of communications it is developed to be. There are platforms that cater just to these kinds of objectives and have successfully implemented an area where kids can relate to one another in a natural and peaceful environment.
Where to find blogging platforms for kids, parents and teachers.
More blogging information for kids under 13.
Best Tips When Finding Blogs For Kids Under 13
Challenges And Solutions When Making Blogs For Kids Under 13
The Importance Of Blogs For Kids Under 13
The Excitement Of Kids Under 13 Entering The Virtual World
Blogging for Kids Under 13 – Learn About COPPA
Say Yes to Blogs for Kids Under 13
The Best Social Networks for Kids Under 13