Blogs are transforming the way companies are seeing their business. Videos are becoming more and more in demand online. You must have heard of YouTube and you know the impact of its video online.
One can make a blog post more pleasurable if you include videos in them. A business may provide short clips about usage of their products, or making small presentations about their services. Creating video blog or adding video in your post is very different from online commercials. Don’t confuse yourself, they are not same.
There are a few good and popular video sharing sites like Google Video, YouTube, and MySpace etc. They generally auto-generate code that is required for you to put on your blog post.
Let’s discuss the various steps required to put videos from YouTube into your post.
- First step is to open the blog post where the video is to be added.
- Next go to website www.youtube.com and find a video which is to be added.
- There is a box directly to the right of the video. That allows you to either subscribe to that video or gives you the code for embedding the video. Go to the line marked “Embed” below this box.
- Next click inside the code box next to “Embed”. You will see that the whole code will automatically get highlighted. Copy this code.
- Now you can copy this code onto your HTML coding of the blog post. It will depend mainly on what interface you are using. Major ones like blogger, WordPress, type pad all have a different way of adding these codes. Let’s consider these popular ones:
- Blogger: To add a YouTube video within a blog post, we first click on “Edit HTML” tab within the post editor. Then paste the video’s code which we got from YouTube into the body of your post. And check your blog site. You will find the video running in your blog post. One also has an option of regularly sharing videos from YouTube. For that click the “Share” button on the YouTube video’s page and then click on “Setup” your blog for video posting. Then click on “Add a Blog/Site” and give the URL of your blog.
- WordPress: To do it on WordPress first click on HTML view of your editor then just place the embed URL code to whichever place you want to display the YouTube video. Do not go to visual mode again as it will break the video. So, it’s better to make the content ready to publish before embedding the video onto your post.
YouTube has without any doubt changed the way we see and believe in video marketing. It has changed the way we work, play and sell products.