The apple of discord between today’s children and their parents has become one of the most important issues of discussion on the kids activities blogs. There have been a number of cases reported by the kids activities blogs, where kids have been found to be involved in activities quite objectionable. These include making friends with unknown people, sexing, posting their provocative photos, spreading racially abusive comments or simply disclosing their true identity to unknown persons at the drop of a hat.
The question that is often creating a lot of confusion and discontentment pointed out by the kids activities blogs is, what should be the limit of the “private space” of the children, where parents will not be allowed to intervene?
Computers with Internet connection are must-haves for today’s children and this can’t be compromised. But the problem of the Internet is that it also pours in some other information that is unsuitable for children. And it gets really difficult to bring them back when it’s too late, as with some incidents reported by the kids activities blogs.
It is widely recommended by the kids activities blogs that parents don’t allow children to have computers in their bedrooms or in their private places until they reach the mature age to handle things effectively in a secured manner.
You should keep a watch on what they do online and the kids activities blogs suggest some more things for you.
- Subscribe to the sites your children have subscribed. Also visit their classroom site.
- Discuss current issues openly with them, refer to the newspapers and the magazines.
- Teach them what and what not to do online. Don’t preach.
- Install some “parental watching” software to monitor your child’s activity and let them know that you are on vigil.
- Loneliness can lead to seek company from unknown persons. Never let your child feel lonely or abandoned, give him time and let him feel that he is precious.