Need a few good ideas to create a home computer station?
Here are some important things you need to look at before you start to set up your home computer station.
* Avoid most of the existing ergonomics unless they are scientifically proven. It should be supported by some good facts and research using body mechanics as a base line. There is not one guideline. Ergonomics is very personal, and so one thing that works for you may not work for another.
* Identify the location of your home computer station based on the users. For example whether it will mostly be used by you or by your children. Accordingly you need to set up the best location for your household.
* If possible try not to place the keyboard on the desk.
* Monitor should be at the level of your head. It should not be above. Place the monitor so it is 20 inches away from the user.
* The center of the screen should be 15 degree down angle from your eyes.
* Select a good chair which goes with your sitting posture and is comfortable. The stress should be on comfort and not style. There should be an arm rest in the chair. The high back type of chair should be used. This will make sure that your shoulders have
* Your computer desk should be well balanced.
* The wires involved in the setup should be as concealed as possible.
* The other important factor when creating a home computer station is the lighting you use. The brightness should be moderate. Incandescent and fluorescent lights reduce flicker and provide appropriate brightness as well.
* The keyboard and mouse that you buy should be easy to handle. Place the mouse next to the keyboard so that you save effort when moving back and forth between the two.
Deciding the Best Computer for Your Child
Recommendations When Buying a Student Computer
How to Select the Best Internet Service Provider for Students