Technology is increasing every day. Even a kindergarten pupil can have access to the Internet. Almost all middle and high school students have their own blog.
There are many blogging sites on the Internet nowadays. That is why anyone can have access on the web. Like a personal diary, the blog is also an effective way to connect with other people.
But some middle and high school students still do not know how to blog!
Middle and high school students can use their blogs in a classroom setting to improve the communication between teacher and student. The teacher can post the course content and students can post a comment to the blog. They can also link their blogs to the blog of other students.
Blogging adds excitement to the classroom.
* Students can create summary of notes, observations, assignments, projects, reports or even resumes through their blogs.
* Through their blogs, students can also write general ideas and personal views about a certain topic. The good in this is that it allows the students to write on any topic that they desire.
* They can have the opportunity to post their achievements in class and reflect on their lessons.
* Students can also enhance their writing and literary skills.
* They can post files that contain group pictures, music, and videos they like.
Blogging improves and expands a student’s school life.
*Students can also obtain popularity through their blog depending on the number of people or co-students who view and make a comment on their blogs.
* Search engines can help bring the blog to the world by making the blog viewable to the public. Nevertheless, for some delicate discussions, confidentiality is necessary.
* Blogging is very exciting especially with students because they have a chance to learn many things, connect with other people, and meet new friends. Students can write about what is on their minds and learn about many things in life and school. It will make their student life one that they would cherish for as long as the Internet exists!
Students challenge each other to blog.
Students these days try and compete with their blogging. Whoever maintains a better blog and posts enough events and entries is admired by other students. This brings about healthy competition. Healthy competition in school activities is what middle and high school years are all about. Blogging is a way to challenge students and add fun and excitement to the classroom.
An Internet Policy for Students That Works