The advantages of blogging for kids.
Blogging for kids has become a popular pastime.
Your child or teen can explore opportunities in the world of blogging that can help them later in life.
Skills can be honed that will serve them well in college and in the career world.
• All young people should be cautioned about publishing private information on the internet. Parents should monitor their child’s blog and make sure all copy is appropriate. Gossip is off-limits, also. Blogging for kids be writing about a subject they are passionate about, not other kids.
• College admissions personnel often run an internet search on applicants. If your child has a well-written blog, this can be a bonus in the college application process.
• Benefits of blogging for kids include improvement in writing and communication. These skills are vital in today’s job market, so your child can develop strength in these areas by blogging.
• Kids can also learn about using the internet and the computer when they blog. Computer skills are necessary today in all jobs and kids are on the forefront of this learning curve.
• Teens who want to blog will probably do so with or without their parents’ permission. Make sure as a parent that you are involved. Your teen needs to publish posts that they will be proud of in the future. Talk to your child on a regular basis about their blog.
• Bloggers can find blogging jobs online that pay. These are often part-time positions, but they can be a fun way to earn some extra cash. An older teen may want to investigate these possibilities. Many sites require you to be eighteen to blog for pay. This can be an excellent way to learn about deadlines, taxes, and other job-related issues for older teens.
• A teen should decide on what goals they hope to achieve with their blog. A blog can be directed toward a target audience. You will gain more followers this way if you are consistent.
• Teens should post frequently to their blog. Readers will stop coming to your site if there is rarely a new post. Frequent entries keep people interested and excited about your writing.
Kids should put their personality in their blogs and make them a true representation of themselves. When people look at your child’s posts in the future, they will be able to see your child for the shining star that they are!
Must read article: HOW TO: Help Your Child Set Up a Blog