As a young teenager becoming a great writer, you can begin writing on the internet by starting your own blog. Ask your parents’ permission first and be sure you find a blog site that does not require personal information. Write on your blog about subjects that you find interesting.
Consider a career in online writing
If you really enjoy writing, you may want to think about becoming a great writer as a future career. With the growth of the internet, writing jobs are expected to increase by fifteen percent over the next eight years. Writers who know how to write online and utilize new technology will be in demand in the upcoming years.
- Write for your high school and college newspaper or yearbook to gain experience, in addition to blogging online. Many high school newspapers offer an online version now; it would be a great online writing opportunity to becoming a great writer. The number of people who write strictly for the internet is increasing each year.
- Online writers can be employed by companies on a regular basis, or they can work on a freelance basis. Freelance writers often use a laptop and produce their work from their home office or as they travel. They often work long hours to complete projects by assigned deadlines.
- Internet writers should enjoy writing as a first step. Writing online requires the use of computers, including special editing programs and graphics. Many employers require a bachelor’s (four year) degree from a university in English or communication/journalism. Today schools and colleges are helping students prepare for writing careers by embracing new technologies.
- Internet writers can expand their abilities by learning how to write video scripts and other forms of advertising media. Any courses you can take to improve your computer skills will be very valuable for becoming a great writer in the future.
- A writer can be employed by online newspapers, magazines, and newsletters. Some work as copy writers, who produce written work that attempts to sell services or products for clients.
- Writers who enjoy helping others and have some interest in management can move up and become editors. Editors often still write; at the same time they assign articles and approve the work of writers that work for them. Editors must be good at managing people as well as writing.
Start practicing your writing skills now and the possibilities are endless for the future. Becoming a great writer can be a great career choice – think about the future now!