Blogging is the most happening thing in the Internet world. It is considered online journalism. So when it comes to schools they are also incorporating blogging in their school activities.
Turn school newspaper into blog
As a part of the school activity, school newspapers are very popular. However, now that students are spending more time online it is a must to convert these newspapers into online journals in the form of blog posts.
There is not much extra effort required to do it. Whatever was being published in your school newspaper, the same content is used as a post in the blog. Daily updating is a must.
Easy steps for school newspaper blog
- The computer is a prominent system used in the schools. Students prefer to document on the computer rather than using paper. The school needs to ask the editorial board of the school to allow school newspaper posts. All the articles are collected at one place and reviewed. They are then submitted as posts in the blog. In fact, when written as posts, they contain labels so other students can find their topic of interest with the labels. Make sure to keep the front-page attractive.
- There are many side bars on a blog and can be used for various announcements, quizzes, notices and awards given to students. They can contain a tip of the day, sayings for the day and alternately you can also add very important headlines in the title bar.
- Before making your school newspaper into blog, look for a nice template that will suit your school and allows you to cover all your topics. Add your school logo and emblem to the blog to make it look like an exclusive blog for your school.
- You can also have the option of registration where you can ask the students and teachers to register and give feedback as well as comments.
- Everything that looks good also can have a few drawbacks. The same is true with online journals. Here you cannot make your posts very long, so a long story will have to be cut short. In the case of a newspaper it can be read anywhere and any time. But when it comes to a blog it is read only when one sits at the computer and generally students don’t sit for too long. In fact, very long posts can bore them and they will not continue to read them.