Writing requires perfection to make other people understand the actual meaning of what a person is writing. It is true with every kind of writing, be it a letter, essay, book, article or a blog post. There are some defined and some undefined rules to be followed in writing blog post.
One of the most important factors that enhance the writing in blog post is the proper grammar and punctuation. School teachers have to make sure that the students follow a proper channel while writing a blog post and they are able to differentiate between a blog post writing and writing for their lessons and exams.
In a blog post content is the king so what you are writing is important, but what is more important is how you write it.
The level of accuracy in grammar, punctuation, spelling makes others feel a level of professionalism you have for your blog. It’s true with personal blogs as well as professional ones.
There are many tools by which one can check spelling errors, punctuation errors and even grammatical errors in the blog post. So before publishing it on the Internet make sure you run those tools on the post to have an extensive check. They might not be perfect, but help a lot.
- Another thing is that always review before publishing cause once you do a simple proof-reading it will let you catch the mistakes done and rectify them.
- Avoid using slang words in the blog, it is very childish and readers don’t accept it especially in professional blogs. When kids use these kinds of words it makes you feel that they are not properly groomed.
- Sometimes there are no errors in blog writing, but a reader might find it incorrect this is because of the version the author is following. There are basically two versions of English some follow American English and others follow British English. It will depend on what version the child is being taught.
- A good grammatically correct blog post always eliminates any confusion regarding the writing. A simple comma can make meaning clear. One should have command over English rules so to be a good writer. They should aim for clarity. One should use correct spelling to prevent misunderstanding.
- There are words that look similar, but have different meaning, so a simple change of alphabet can change the total meaning and when a spell-check is run you will not be able to find error as that word will be in the English dictionary. So a proofreading is a must for a proper blog post.