Fashion bloggers often upload snaps of outfits and inspiration readers find blogs with pictures a lot more engaging than text blogs.
Photos give the readers an insight into the daily life of the blogger.
Beware of turning your blog into something like Hamlet’s book, all “Word, words, words” and no pictures!
Why is using photos important in blogging?
- Publishers place images next to AdSense ads to increase its CTR—it works as the images help to capture the visitor’s attention.
- Placing photos related to your posts not only makes your posts more attractive to your readers but will also clearly explain to them on what the post is about and also makes your blog stand out from the other blogs.
- A wordy blog with no pictures can be a big turn off, so, make it more appealing on the eye by including a photo or illustration or two in some of your posts.
- If you want to write a series of blog posts, find an arresting photo that you can use at the head of every post to strengthen the message that they are each a part of a sequence of related posts.
- Whether you are speaking to a small group or large, post pictures of you in action. Nothing speaks louder than photos for sharing your expertise with people who want to be with you.
- An image attached to a post may attract the reader or beautify your post or it can help as an illustration. The best part is that it helps in bringing extra traffic to your blog when people do image search, for that you will need to title and give alt tag attribute to your images.
- Bloggers occasionally use humorous or cute pictures to illustrate content or to make a point. This is acceptable so long as it is used only occasionally and does not detract from the image you are trying to create for your blog.
- In case a blog is based on written information, an image can be necessarily small in order to fit on your page, but can be hyperlinked to a larger version in order to give your readers access to more information or detail should they desire.
Where can you get free photos for your blog?
There are various sites like stock.xchng, Yotophoto, Free Photos Bank, Flickr Images and for those who don’t mind paying, head over to iStockphoto.